Tuesday 6 August 2013

About Bruce

My name is Bruce Long.
I am the owner/lecturer/resident artist at the Studio of Mosaic Art.

  
My love of tiles began in my childhood. I completed my first mosaic at 12 years of age. Titled "Speedway", it depicts a speedway track complete with crowd, track and motorbikes.
My second mosaic was completed at age 13, titled "Christ".

I completed various other mosaics before starting my tiling apprenticeship in 1964. After completing my trade I studied mosaic tiling for a further 12 months. In the final year of my apprenticeship I designed, fixed and installed a mosaic mural for the Blacktown R.S.L. Club. The design was based on aboriginal cave drawings.


I then went on to run a very successful tiling business for over 30 years. During this time I completed many and varied personal and commissioned mosaics. I have also taught mosaic tiling at several TAFE institutions.


When I decided to retire from commercial tiling, I retrained to become a Remedial Therapist.

I now run the Studio of Mosaic Art with my Studio of Well-being next door. This allows me time to dedicate to teaching and completing my own works of mosaic art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.